Wednesday 9 November 2005

MINI returns / Samsung D600 upgrade

yep after three days I finally get the car back.
They have also fixed the broken rear exhaust bracket (sweet) which I didnt even ask for. All in all top service from Henry Bros in Glasgow.
The only downside I can see for now is that the replacement screen strip they have fitted looks a bit of a dogs breakfast :-) So I may have to redo that myself.
Otherwise brill , not only that the brakes def feel better (fluid change) and the steering is waaaay better (track rod end change + KDS alignment)
Car just passed 28k miles.

Also got a phone upgrade today to a D600 from my previous D500.
Biggest diff is from 1.3 to 2 MP camera.
Initial disappointment ! It doesnt seem as well built, the slide mechanism feels much cheaper and the camera is not protected anymore.
However it does come with a TV output and a USB cable [chances of the driver working on XP64 ??? Nil probably :-(]
Anyway its charging just now and I will report back once Ive actually used it !

J

No comments: