Sunday 7 August 2005

new AMD x64 PC

Yep, after 4 1/2 years of bliss with my Athlon 1000 it was time for a change.
I decided on a AMD Athlon again but a 4200+ dual processor core x64 architecture jobby!

Now call me stupid but I didnt realise this would entail an entirely different OS!!! , it comes with Windows XP Pro 64bit Edition.
NOW I know that driver support and compatibility issues abound but I didnt before today.

AVG Antivirus : Installs but engine wont initialise now changed to NOD32 AV.
ZoneAlarmPro : Installs but wont start , now using Windows own firewall for now.

Alcatel Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL modem : Nope! so I had to buy a Linksys ADSL modem/router in order to get an internet connection.

Yes the PC is lovely but I cant help feeling that compatibility is going to be a major issue........

In fact the MicroRoadPilot driver currently wont install , lets hope Morpheus have an x64 driver in the pipeline......

I havent even tried my ipod mini yet , but my hopes aint high ...bugger....
J

No comments: