Sunday 10 July 2005

GRS I/C now fitted

Yep @25000 miles
An absolute sinch to fit , had it all done in 30 minutes before work this morning.
Ran the car down to Ayr and back and it feels smoother. Faster I dont know! Seat of the pants says yes ,especially as it was really warm today and thats usually the kind of weather when the car with std I/C would feel flat.And it felt far from it.
The only problem is I'm so used to the bike that the car feels too slow :-)

Heres what I posted on www.mini2.com...

Right time for another writeup.....

For various reasons I personally decided on a GRSMotorsport Intercooler.
So I placed an order a while back with Graham , whose customer service is outstanding.
I decided to wait for milled end tanks and he kept PM ing me with regualr progress reports which was nice
Last weekend it finally arrived well packaged. The standard of the bits is superb , its a real shame to even fit the new I/C.

30 minutes later I had replaced the old I/C with my shiny new one

Fit was a doddle , (I found very little oil in the old I/C there as well which was good)
The new air divertor assembly is very easy to fit and certainly makes sure all air is used to full. The height of the I/C is also perfect (i.e. not too tall like other makes).

Driving impressions??? (well to be honest these days Im out on my bike , so the MINI doesnt get used much and feels slow when it does !!!)
MUCH better , its been hot and instantly the change in initial thrust can be felt.
It almost feels a bit 'light pressure turbo' like in its response (anyone else feel this??)
Higher up rev range it just feels so much more eager

Looks wise ???
Its looks the canine danglies.....dont you think...

All in all another successful purchase from another great MINI supplier.

Downsides????
Only things I can think of are 1) its a high visibility mod , 2) spark plug access a bit more of a pain. But these are trivial IMHO.
I now have wheels/engine mods/ and a damn great IC so I guess the dealer might spot them

GRSMotorsport : Top quality : Top Product : Top Customer service

Need I say more?

JohnO
[next up PSS9 suspension and more GTT upgrades I think....]




J

No comments: