Thursday 9 September 2004

tank runs dry...

Ok so yesterday was a bad day cos the car failed its MOT ...
But today I go to drive into work and the car misfires only 50 yrds down the road !!!!!!!!
Yep , you guessed it Id ran out of fuel.. I usually run it down quite low but the additional extra idleing time for the MOT mustve burned off a few quid!!! cos it was bone dry...
A long walk to the garage and Im back with 5 litres to pour into the tank...
turn the key and .... chug/chug/chug ...stall....WTF!!!!!!
Even manouever car into various positions in case the pickup isnt touching fuel....still no joy !!!!!!!
So I walk back down to a surprised garage attendant for another 5 litres LOL
Once thats in she fires up almost straight away and I drive into work .... go figure......
I ran it that dry that not even 5 ltrs was enough to reprime it....

Annoyed you bet...but its better than having to call a tow truck.

Next stop Wigan Pauls on Mon (hopefully)

1 comment:

95 GTS said...

ran out of petrol - ya doughnut :)

bad news on the MOT though, hope you can fix most yourself, I'll give you hand if you need