Thursday 8 July 2004

throttle cable update :: final

Yep , youve guessed it ! The cable has now been fixed, not by a FIAT part which is on back order , but by a tip from a Fiat Coupe guru on the coupe forum using a universal type. Check out the info at Throttle Cable Fix Page
The new cable also means the pedal is higher and has more feel to it. Result!

Re : stereo
Gratuitous new stereo pic ....
I plan to put the apexi just below it



Re : Hire Car :: Toyota Yaris
First off , let me say this is a superb car! Jumping straight back into the coupe I noted a few things....

  • Coupe has great heavy and communicative steering

  • The brakes on my 20VT are cr*p , too much pedal play and no feel....

  • Gearchange is poor , too long a throw .....

  • Just how low and sexy the coupe really is :-)


Ok , so Im biased but it does highlight a few things I could do to improve things. namely a shortshift kit and replace the brakes / bleed system. The previous owner had a flexible pipe replaced for an MOT , so I suspect air has been introduced into the system......

No comments: